Monday, November 24, 2008

SLIS NEWS: Ms. Penny Hayne

Dear Colleagues,

It is with great sorrow that I share the news that Penny Hayne passed this morning in her home from a heart attack. I don’t have details yet but will pass information on as I hear.

Mournfully,

Sam

Here is a link to her obituary.

The following is a collection of memories and tributes to her life.

I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Several summers ago, I was a student in Penny's Children's Lit class. She was an excellent instructor. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be one of the students she shared her vast knowledge of children's books and the various approaches to working with children. On a more personal note, I've lost a peer; she and I went to the same high school. The school of library science here at USC has lost a valuable professor. - Valerie Corder

Thank you so much for letting us know. Ms. Hayne made me fall in love with children's literature all over again. She was a wonderful teacher and an advocate for children's literature. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. - Jennifer Buch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home